Thursday, August 21, 2008

It Wasn't Even a Monday

She said to me, “Aw, you don’t look pretty today. Too bad.”

Yes, that was my greeting from what I would ordinarily have considered a friendly patron.

I shouldn’t be so offended because this comes on the heels of her making such a huge deal about how pretty she said I looked the other day, when I was in a fairy costume for a program. Evidently, I should always have pink flowers in my hair, a low-cut shirt and a glittery skirt on, because otherwise the disparity compels her to tell me I’m not pretty today.

Pshaw, she should’ve seen me when I woke up this morning.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow... what gives her the right to decide when you look pretty? You're probably prettier than she is any day. Did you reply to her? I probably would have said, "Neither do you."

Leelu said...

"Pretty? I'll have you know I'm fucking gorgeous." So there.

(At which point gorgeous pops up and says, "Yes, yes she is!" XD )